Skip to content
Aims of the Heritage Committee
- To promote the conservation, preservation, protection, development and enhancement of features of historic, archaeological, cultural or public interest in the Borough of Poole.
- To advance the education of the public in the architecture, archaeology, natural history, history, culture and geography of the Borough of Poole.
- Establish a Historic and Heritage Committee.
- Chairperson with a background and respected knowledge of the history and heritage of Poole
- Committee members to include people with a desire to preserve our history and traditions
- To work with the existing Heritage forums
- To promote the installation of Blue Plaques
- To promote and catalogue the history of Poole, its individual areas and its development as a town
- Capturing and preserving the history of buildings, pathways, routes and features
- Identification of listed buildings, promotion of new listings where appropriate
- Campaigning to preserve historic buildings and features where appropriate
- Producing articles, books and documents of a historical nature to promote the history of the town
- Liaising with the press and public to promote historical activities such as Beating the Bounds
- Liaising with Poole Borough Leisure to promote access to and interest in Poole’s heritage